Welcome to the GCS Booster Club. Our club is made up of parents, teachers, administrators, grand parents and friends whose common goal is to serve the students attending Gateway Christian School. As our AD/HS Principal Justin Stephens says, It is all about the kids! The purpose of the club is to promote school spirit while also providing financial support to the students in any extracurricular activity provided at GCS: football, cheerleading, volleyball, basketball, science club, drama club, baseball, track and other areas that may evolve. Right now we do this in several ways, but we are open to other ideas.
1. Team parent: The Booster Club arranges for each team to have a Team parent, who coordinates with other parents to provide a meal or snack to the kids when they have to travel, or to put a special treat on their lockers. This means a lot to the kids.
2. Spirit Store: The store is located in the elementary building. All profit generated from the store goes to the Booster Club. Items available include T-shirts, jackets, hats, car decals, jewelry, and much more. Booster club members will be offered discounts throughout the year.
3. Concession: the Booster Club provides all concession items sold at any game or event. All profit goes to the Booster Club.
4. Online Spirit Store: The Booster Club has put together an online Spirit Store full of great “online only” items to show your school spirit! You can visit the store by clicking here.
5. Special Events: The Booster Club also arranges and financially helps support special events such as “Fifth Quarter” events after football games, a tailgate after an out of town volleyball game, meals or hotels for state championship events, etc.
For 2011-2012 the Booster club is led by John and Lori Worrall. Please feel free to contact them with any suggestions or requests. Financially, accounting for the Booster Club is done by Mrs. Linda Rapp. All substantial purchases are approved by Pastor Rapp and AD/HS Principal Justin Stephens. Coaches and administrators are asked to submit any special needs or equipment purchases to the Athletic Director and these purchases will be made as funds allow. One of the first goals for 2011-2012 is to purchase Plyometric Boxes for the gym to be used by all athletes to boost their jumping ability.
Join the Gateway Christian School Booster Club Now!
Please take a moment to view our Booster Club Thank You page.
Click here to read about us on Great Schools.org!
Gateway Christian School is accredited by the Association of Christian Schools International, (A.C.S.I.) and by the State of New Mexico for K-5 through 12th grades.
Click here to view our yearly school calendar.